Pages

Wednesday 3 June 2015

May Favourites

Last month I really did try to get a draft set up for an April favourites post but I just didn't get round to it, I thought instead that I would write a mid-may favourites as not to get behind on my blog.


Hair and Beauty Favourites



I have been obsessed with my Bobbi Brown Copper Diamond Shimmer Brick that I got from my sister at Christmas. I use a little bit of this every day to highlight my cheek bones and it gives such a gorgeous glow. Its even nice to use as an eyeshadow replacement for a golden goddess look! I get so many compliments when I wear this and really recommend it, trouble is it's a Christmas edition so they don't sell it any more! 




Speaking of golden goddesses, I am a fake tan fanatic much to my boyfriends dismay! I never like to look too dark though so whatever I buy I always get the light or medium shade, never go dark! This St Moriz Mousse is just the best! Its cheap, it lasts ages and gives me the best glow. I tend to reapply once a week and usually do it in the evening using a mitt, then I shower in the morning and all the residue washes away leaving a really nice glow behind.  I find if I use this method it wont give me splash marks if its raining or when I was my hands. The tan usually lasts a good 3-4 days.







This months hair favourite has been VO5s Strong Hold Hairspray. Where it is getting warmer outside I prefer to have my hair up in a bun instead of around my neck and shoulders and as I have a lot of layers I tend to get a lot of fly-aways and strands that fall out. This monster can of hairspray works wonders and keeps my hair in place all day long. It also brushes out really easily so I don't have to wash my hair that night and can wear it down the next day, I don't usually find that with a lot of hairsprays.



Favourite Food

I have been making sweet potato fries a lot recently. As well as being healthier than your usual french fries they taste so yummy! If you season them with a bit of spice and drizzle with olive oil before cooking they'll be crispy with a nice kick. I usually have these with chicken breast and veggies after I finish at the gym. I do want to do a recipe post on these in  the future but where I am moving house very soon all kitchen utensils are packed away and we're living off ready meals!






Favourite Book

The Miniaturist by Jessie Burton. 




   I picked this book up a few months back when there was a deal in WHSmiths. It was in the top charts so I thought I would give it a try as when I read the back it sounded very mysterious and exciting. The plot (without giving the story away) is a young woman, Nella (short for Petronella) moves to Amsterdam in 1686 to start a new life with her husband. As a wedding present her husband gifts her with a cabinet-sized replica of their home. Nella seeks out a miniaturist to help furnish this house but their creations seem to be predicting their future and somehow holds their fate. The book was gripping at times but the story overall was very slow moving, I personally feel the characters' relations could have gone deeper but all in all I did enjoy this book and it was a nice read.




Favourite Youtubers


I have been obsessed with watching Shaytards vlogs this month! They are just the coolest family and so entertaining. If you haven't watched any of their vlogs before I really recommend you do! Its about a family with 5 kids living their life vlogging every single day and they're completely mad!


No comments:

Post a Comment