Pages

Thursday 28 May 2015

Origins Event: Meeting Tanya Burr

Yesterday was such an amazing day for me as I finally got to meet the very lovely Tanya Burr. Myself and my sister were fortunate enough to win V.I.P tickets along with 49 others to attend an Origins event hosted by John Lewis. It was a rooftop event and although the sun didn't manage to stick it out for the day, it was a really beautiful event. They laid fake grass down and had cute little beach huts where you can buy Tanya's favourite origins products or grab an apple, strawberry and ginger juice! Yummy!


We were one of the first in the queue so they put us up in the lift and as we walked outside their were people taking pictures and waiters offered juices and natural granola bar snacks. First, we had a skin consultation where an Origins representative would ask what our daily skin regime is like and if we consider our skin oily, sensitive or dry. I got to try the Ginzing face scrub which smells lovely and also the Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask which smells like apricots and is super moisturising.


After our skin consultation we snapped a few photos in the selfie booth and then had a look at the view from the roof!


I then went to one of the little huts to purchase some products, I picked up the Ginzing scrub and the Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask I was recommended but the kind lady that gave me the skin consultation and they gave me a free copy of her book Love, Tanya! I thought it was really cool that you get a free copy of the book with any purchase.






Soon Tanya was introduced and the Origins general manager spoke to her for a little while about Tanya's favourite products and she gave us her top 5 tips for beautiful skin, some where drink lots of water and always take your makeup off. Classic rules any beauty guru will know!




And then it was time to meet Tanya! She signed the copy of her book I got with my purchases and had a little chat with me, unfortunately she was feeling poorly so her manager was quick to get her a lemon detox drink. She mentioned her new products coming out and she told me the packaging would be changing and she's going for a completely new look. (She also said I was the first she told about it, inside scoop!) I tried to ask what kind of products she was bringing out but I understood she may want to keep it a surprise, I did ask if she was thinking about doing foundation as I know she does love a good Armani or NARS foundation. She said she's not doing foundation YET and I told her she must do pale shades when she eventually does as I can never find one pale enough when I'm skipped the fake tan during the winter. I then snapped a few selfies with her and wished her the best for her upcoming wedding to Jim Chapman!
It was so exciting finally getting to meet her as she was the one who really got me into makeup. I have always loved experimenting but I never ventured out and tried different looks and I find whatever she recommends I'll usually go to the shop and buy it and LOVE it! She is my ultimate beauty inspiration and it was lovely getting to meet her in person.



While I waited for my sister to meet Tanya, I bumped into Dom, the gleam manager. Those of you who watch her vlogs will have seen him before a few times. He was really nice so we just stood and had a chat. He told me about the Louise Live tour that is happening soon but unfortunately the London tickets are already sold out even though I would love to go! 

After Cara had spoken with Tanya we decided we couldn't wait any longer for food and went to leave for a Wagamamas, upon leaving the Origins representatives gave us a cute little origins bag which had a few samples in it! 


It really was a fabulous little evening and we went home on such a high that we got to meet our beauty inspiration!

Katie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment