Pages

Monday 30 March 2015

March Favourites

I'm pretty sure there is a thief out there that steals all your time away from you. I can't believe we are at the end of March already!
I've always wanted to do a monthly favourite so I'm happy it's that time when I finally can!
Below are the things I've really enjoyed in the month of March and I will explain why.

Hair & Beauty favourites:






Charles Worthington Strength & Repair Hair Masque
I bought this hair mask in March due to a botched hair dye that ended up burning my scalp (I know, TMI). I was looking for a hair mask that wouldn't be more damaging to my scalp and had the intention to opt for a scalp treatment but I was scared that would damage it even more as most products like T-gel or Head and Shoulders treat dandruff and that was not my problem. I decided to get this one as I  saw on the label DAMAGED HAIR. That's definitely what I was suffering from. 
This hair mask really has worked wonders and my scalp is on the road to recovery whilst smelling AMAAAZING!




Next up is the nail varnish I have been obsessed with this month. I found this in my local TK Maxx which I didn't even know they sold. This Orly Nail Lacquer is in the colour Kiss the Bride and is perfect for spring. I haven't worn anything else for the last month and I'm sure I won't be getting bored of it any time soon.




Another beauty favourite has been the Maybelline Colour Tattoo Gel Eyeshadows. I have them in the colours Pink Gold and On and On Bronze. These colour blend really well together and are long-lasting. I have been wearing them very often for an everyday smokey look. One problem I do have though is I do like these shades but some other colours in the range like Turqoiuse Forever and Endless Purple are extremely daring and I can only picture them on pantomime dames. However, they are cheap and you get a lot in the pot so I think the neutral colours are worth trying




I have really liked this Garnier Moisture Match Lotion this month too. Where the sun is making more of an appearance, but so has the rain much to my dismay, I need a face cream with an SPF. Although the foundation I wear h
as SPF 15 built in I fell like a definitely need the extra protection as my skin burns and freckles so easily. I usually apply this first thing in the morning then put my foundation on top. This also has an illuminating effect on the skin and reflects light particles making you look brighter and more radiant. This is great for waking up your skin after the long winter months.



Speaking of moisturisers I feel I definitely need to give a shout out to Palmer's Cocoa Butter which has been my saviour this month. I suffer from really dry skin and the occasional eczema and this just really hydrates my skin. It gets rid of that tight feeling you get when its cold out and your skin is drying up. I like to apply this straight after my bath to retain moisture and wake up feeling all silky smooth :)
I buy the fragrance free one as I do find the original scent a bit overpowering and sickly, it also reminds me of getting changed in secondary school after P.E lessons and everyone would be slapping it on. *Dry Heaves*





Favourite Book:

The Queen of the Tearling was such a brilliant read for me. I had seen it mentioned by Tanya Burr and thought it would be worth a read when I saw it on the Kindle Store. The story was very slow-going which gave the impression there will be more books to follow which is a big plus for me because there's nothing I like better than a trilogy.
Although slow, it was very gripping from the first chapter and the story grew even more elaborate as it went on and I was hooked!
I recommend this to anybody, from the title you may have the impression it is quite girly but that is so far from the truth. There is plenty of action and battles that happens throughout but without wanting to spoil the story, it really pushes the boundaries as far as Dystopian novels go.




Favourite food:

For a couple of months I had wanted to find a jar of almond butter as I'm not the biggest fan of peanut butter. This seemed like a better alternative for me so when I stumbled upon it at my local Tesco I was overjoyed.
The only ingredients is Almonds and Sea Salt so very natural and none of the nasty additives. I have enjoyed this with banana on wholemeal toast for breakfast and it gives me the energy I need for the day. As almonds are a source of protein this curbs my hunger for the morning and keeps me going until lunch.



Favourite TV shows:

My ultimate favourite TV show this month has definitely got to be Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I found this in the Popular section on Netflix and started watching it on a Saturday Afternoon. By Sunday Evening I had watched the whole first season! It's really funny and cheery and I cannot wait for more seasons!!!




Another favourite TV show which is probably in everyone's March favourites for one reason is Pretty Little Liars. Season 6 has just had its season finale and yet again, it has left us asking a hundred and one more questions. WHO IS CHARLES?!
I read a quote somewhere which made me giggle "Pretty Little Liars fans should win an award for the most patient viewers ever!"
It is so true. The amount of times we thought we knew what was going on and something happens that makes you question the whole programme itself! Who is Charles? Who is Bethany? Who am I?! 
When I first started watching it I thought "Ergh, not another innocent eyelash batting teen programme" but then after about 2 episodes I was hooked and needed my daily dose of PLL by the end of every working day.






Favourite YouTuber:



And finally my favourite YouTuber, or should I say YouTubers, has definitely got to be Rhett and Link from the Good Mythical Morning show. It has gotten to the point now where I will put the YouTube playlist on and listen to episode after episode in the car while I'm driving to work. On my lunch break I'll then watch another 3 or 4. Then driving home from work I'll listen to a couple more. That has been my routine for the past few weeks now.
Truth be told, I only discovered GMM around last September. Watching back on old episodes I was kinda upset that I hadn't been watching them since the beginning. I love listening to the guys talk about some of the most random stuff and do funny experiments or challenges. It really does brighten my day and puts some laughter into my morning. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

P.S I'm also looking into purchasing one of their T-shirts from their online store to wear to the gym just coz



Katie 
x





No comments:

Post a Comment