Pages

Monday 11 January 2016

Stuck In A Blogging Rut

Do you, fellow blogger or everyday internet dweller, ever find yourself  asking the question 'What do I want to do?' and after so long you realise you've been spending months not being able to find an answer to that question? Time passes, roots grow back and you still find yourself asking and not actually doing. That is how I have found myself sitting here asking the same question again. Abandoning my blog since June and my only excuse is well I don't know.

I find it funny that we, as people, for some reason have a need to justify each decision we make, to ourselves and especially to others otherwise it feels like waste of time, the wrong decision?
A woman at work came into the kitchen the other day whilst I was making a cuppa and went for a mince pie. Everyone had brought in all of their leftover Christmas treats to empty out the cupboards so it was free for the taking, but she still felt the need to justify her decision to me to eat it. I wasn't sure if she wanted my approval or that I might not jump on my new years diet high horse and say 'Whoa there! Did you know there's 64866258 calories and 900 grams of fat in one of those bitesize pastry devil cakes?" whilst I smirked  holding my cup of chamomile.
But I guess that's my best representation of what I am trying to do but failing miserably to put into best words. I guess I need the approval that I can go back to my blog after such a long hiatus and I feel the need to justify why.  I need to take a big fat bite of the hypothetical mince pie and not care what anyone else thinks.

In a new house and additional cat in tow I find myself, quite literally, find myself again. But it's OK to lose your mojo sometimes. Its OK to feel lost and doubt yourself.
I'd like to do things that make myself happy and not what everyone else is happy for me to do. I need to make time for my blog as I enjoy doing it and I like being able to express myself in a way that I have never found an outlet for before. Sometimes it's scary sharing personal thoughts online as you never know who might actually be on the receiving end, be it a friend, family member I struggle to keep in touch with, a colleague (yikes) it could even be myself in a decade or so reading back, whoever, wherever you are I hope you're happy and take the leap!

One of my new year resolutions was to make time for my blog and here I am making time. I hope I can last :)





Katie
x






No comments:

Post a Comment