Pages

Thursday 14 May 2015

My Teenage Makeup


I remember being around the age of 14 when I started experimenting with makeup. In school I would buy the cheapest thing going and it always ended up being the worst. Around that time I was going for colours that didn't suit my skin tone, over-applied eyeliner and used so much sickly sweet perfume I was offending people's nostrils. Nowadays I'd like to think I have my makeup collection sorted and have more of an idea on what colours suit me. 
However, it's nice to reminisce so here's what my teenage self would use when applying makeup after school hidden away from the teachers to go hang out at the bus stops with friends. Cringe.



Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse
I wasn't really one to know how to use foundation properly or even apply it right so Maybelline's Dream Matte Mousse was the go-to base. I particularly remember buying it in the shade 'Nude' and it had a slight yellow tinge to it. The colour did not suit me at all and I had that very obvious line on my jaw showing just how terrible the colour match was. The consistency of the mousse was very cakey however drying on my skin, I definitely will never repurchase one of these little pots.

Bourjois Bronzing Powder

I still see some beauty bloggers raving about the Bourjois Bronzing Powder and I cannot understand why. I remember rubbing my brush against the palette with so much force trying to get some colour onto it. It's honestly terrible. Yes it does smell like chocolate but why do I went my face to smell like something I eat? I remember instantly getting fed up with this and giving it to a friend who begged me for it. Waste not want not.

Bourjois Blusher

I remember buying my first Bourjois Blusher in the shade 'Rose Eclait'. I had never bought a blusher before and during the big Bourjois craze I decided to go for the little pink pot. This product, like the bronzer, was still is terrible quality and the product just wouldn't go onto my brush. So after lots of hassle with the bronzer and blusher I would head out of the house completely yellow in my dream matte mousse. 


(slaps face)








Rimmel Max Volume Flash Mascara

For mascara I always opted for Rimmel's Max Volume Flash. I remember this mascara being particularly good for volumising my lashes and must've bought about 20 of these between the ages of 14 and 17. I had completely forgotten about it until I decided to write this post and had to cast my mind back. It makes me want to go to my nearest boots at lunchtime and buy one! The brush is very big and bristly so when it dries out it does go a horrible shape and you know you definitely have to throw it away but it is cheap so I will definitely use this again.

Rimmel Soft Khol Eye Pencil
Although I never went near eyeshadow as it was just too scary to me, I did think for some reason that eyeliner was the safer option and to just apply as much as humanly possible. This was before I mastered the impossible art of applying liquid eyeliner so I would just put Rimmel's Soft Khol Eye Pencil on my lower lash line and leave it at that. I cringe to remember it.

Britney Spears Midnight Fantasy Perfume
Lastly, I would spray half a bottle of perfume before heading out the door. I used to be obsessed with Britney Spears' Midnight Fantasy which I remember being extremely fruity and particularly sweet. Everytime I smell this perfume now it takes me back to spending all day at the park drinking cans of relentless and getting super hyper. I also remember having really dark brown hair with a massive side fringe and bright pink skinny jeans.



So there's some of my teenage beauty blunders it makes me want to go through my old myspace and laugh at myself!!



Katie 
x
































No comments:

Post a Comment