Pages

Wednesday 14 January 2015

Top 5 Lip Products of 2014!!

Yes, sadly another year has passed and sadly I've had to make new resolutions that I am finding ever so difficult to stick to!! (Dry January is a killer!)However to reminisce over the past year I wanted to write a post on my most used (and favourite if that's not obvious?) lip products of 2014.



1. Revlon Colourburst Lip Butter- 001 Pink Truffle
Behold, the first of the 5 shades, this definitely the most used product out of all 5. I had never used Revlon products before I tried this lip butter and to be honest wasn't quite so into the other colours in the range (sorry Revlon!) as I found them very shimmery. But don't get me wrong this one REALLY caught my attention. It's not shimmery at all which is a bonus for me and the texture is very creamy and literally melts onto my skin. 
The colour seems to just be perfect for my skin tone and this is definitely an everyday go-to  lip colour that I would be comfortable wearing with just basic make up for a very sheer, sophisticated look.
I told my sister to try this and now she is also hooked on this colour. I would tell anyone to do the same!




 2. Mac-Satin - Pink Nouveau


Now this colour may remind some of Nicki Minaj in one of her music videos, but this colour is just so gorgeous and pretty in summer with a winged eyeliner look. No eye shadow is necessary when wearing this colour as it is such a (what I call) loud colour.
It was really quite daring for me to try this colour in the first place but the pictures below do not do it justice!
Its very matte but also creamy so isn't drying at all on my lips which I have found previously with some other matte lipsticks.
I got so much wear out of this last summer so thought it must feature in my top 5.
3. Tanya Burr Cosmetics- Picnic in the Park

Buying this product was very special for me. I have been a HUGE fan and follower of Tanya Burr for a while now so when she announced that she was releasing a Lip  gloss and Nail polish line I was over the moon!
Picnic in the Park was actually the first lip gloss I bought from her collection (I have gone onto to buy another 6  or 7 or 10!)
It was perfect for spring and summer especially with the smell of strawberry laces, I was just in heaven when I was wearing this. It is very sheer and dewy and goes with all light shimmery eye shadows and light pink blusher and I will carry on wearing this as I feel it goes with many different make up looks! Well done Tanya!!



 4. Rimmel - Lasting Finish by Kate- 107

I know that this lipstick has been on the shelves a while now and I bought this quite a while ago (which might be gross come to think of it) but it has been a staple for those wintery days out in the snow or the Autumn walks through the park as the leaves are turning shades of orange and red.
This is a popular lipstick with Zoella and I know she wears this a lot and I completely understand why! This shade does not budge ALL DAY.
I can put this on in the morning and not have to worry about it smudging or wearing off as it is such a rich shade of dark berries and highly pigmented it will not budge. I wouldn't wear this is more sunny seasons but it is perfect with a cosy scarf wrapped around your neck and Pumpkin spice latte in hand!

5. Chanel Rouge Allure - Pirate 99
This was a actually Christmas present from my mum last year. As I don't have the kind of budget to be able to treat myself on the reg to such high end products I usually end up asking for make up from my boyfriend and family for my birthday or at Christmas. Last year when my mum asked I said to her I really just want a Classic red Chanel colour. And boy did she deliver.
This shade is just such a deep but not dark red if that makes sense? It is not orangey at all which I love in a red lippy and the packaging is just gorgeous too! I always feel so grown up when applying this lipstick!
This one is very special to me so I tend to wear it on special occasions only much like my Coco Chanel Noir perfume.
This is just such a special lipstick to me, I just wish I had more excuses to wear it!
(My cat obviously agrees as she just had to join in the photo fun!)




That basically rounds them all up!
I have given so much love to these lip products the past year I cannot praise them enough. If anyone is reading this and can (or wants to)  recommend any other good Lip products for fair skin like mine please do let me know I'd love to hear from you! :)

Bye for now!!

Katie xoxo



No comments:

Post a Comment