Pages

Saturday 17 January 2015

What Carrie Bradshaw Taught Us

I am such a HUGE fan of Sex and the City I could pretty much recite all 6 seasons!
Although I tend to think of myself more of a Miranda Character (the sarcastic one) I still always aspire to be more Carrie Bradshaw-esque.
Women across the globe envy her wardrobe and shoe collection but what I find is my favourite aspect of her life running around Manhattan is the lessons we are able to take away from her. 
Below are some of the moments that I have truly taken away from the SATC Series.



"Maybe some women aren't meant to be tamed. Maybe they just need to run free until they find someone just as wild to run with them."
What to take away from this- Do not change for anyone


"The most exciting, challenging and significant relationship of all is the one you have with yourself."
What to take away from this- Your own personal relationship with yourself is the most important one


"When I first moved to New York I Bought VOGUE instead of dinner I just felt it fed me more."
What to take away from this- We do not have to feel guilty if we do this also, with a glass of Merlot on the side of course!


"I've spent $40,000 on shoes and i have no place to live? I will literally be the old woman who lived in her shoes!"
What to take away from this- It is okay to splash out on a pair of shoes but make sure you can afford your rent! Prioritise people!!


"My mind was yelling how angry I was, but my heart,,, my heart."
What to take away from this- Sometimes in life we need to listen to our heart over our heads, the heart knows what it wants


"I like my money where I can see it- hanging in my closet"
What to take away from this- Investing in a Gucci suit or a pair of extra special Manolos IS  a good idea, PRAISE THE LORD!


"Shopping is my Cardio"
What to take away from this- If you have walked laps of your local shopping mall multiple times you will know the exhaustion that comes with browsing every shop and having to carry all those shopping bags on the way 'boohoo!'



And most importantly, your girlfriends are your soul sisters and no man can come between!


Katie xoxo

4 comments:

  1. This post literally makes me so happy! I have yet to find someone who loves Sex and the City as much as I do!
    I love your blog xx

    Louleecutie.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow Thank you so much! I really appreciate it! Good to know people out there are seeing my blog!
      If you don't mind me asking how did you stumble onto here? I'm trying to find new ways to advertise my blog so it is seen more.
      How do you advertise your own?

      Katie :) xx

      Delete
    2. I saw yours because you commented on Louise Pentland's latest post. I loved your blog and immediately started reading all your posts (by the way, are you on bloglovin'? I'd love to follow you) and I came across this one, that I love!

      I advertise mine mainly on twitter (@Louleecutie), and that's the best way that I've found so I don't really do anything else.
      Lou xx

      Delete
    3. Ummm I don't know if I'm on it or not actually haha?
      I have tried going through twitter, fba nd some other blogs just sharing it and putting it out there as much as I can otherwise I don't know how I'll get others to see it! :) xx

      Delete