Pages

Sunday 18 January 2015

Nail Varnish Favourites and Reviews!




I have always believed that nail varnish can finish off an outfit and it is rare that I will be wearing no colour on my nails at all. 
Below is some of my favourite (and not so favourite) nail varnishes that I have ever used.

















The Last year or so I have become obsessed with the Gelly High Shine Nail Paint by Barry M. The Gelly line has so many bright and beautiful colours to choose from I love them all. However, there is one exception to a particular colour in the line that I will elaborate on further through this post. My top favourites, as pictured above, are Passion fruit, Blueberry, Pomegranate and Grapefruit. All fruity colours, all fruity names, These Nail paints, unlike some gels, do not damage your nails in any way, I find the texture quite thick so it feels like it is protecting my nails and throughout the summer I usually find myself rotating through these 4 colours as they are long lasting and barely chip.




As mentioned earlier, not every colour in a line of  Nail Varnish, Blusher or Lip Gloss can be perfect!
I decided to experiment and purchased another Barry M Gelly in Olive (as pictured above). I wasn't totally impressed with this one.
The colour is very close to the colour of a green olive. I actually LOVE olives but this Nail Paint, not so much. I wore this for about a day then just had to take it off!
I am naturally very pale and when I used this colour it just made my nails look really unhealthy and didn't look right at all on my fair skin. 
I thought 'Hmm maybe if I wore it with Fake tan?'
Still, it just didn't look right. I put it down to the colour of the Nail Paint and not my skin because to be honest I can't see this matching any skin colour, light or dark. 
This colour is quite similar to Lychee which too I think is very pale and probably wouldn't purchase.


 My other favourites are from the line Tanya Burr brought out alongside her lip glosses which I have previously raved about.
I love these nail varnishes especially Penguin Chick, Bright and Early, Little Duck and New York Night (as pictured above)
I wore New York Night a lot throughout the festive season as that is my favourite kind of wintery colour. it is an off black nail varnish with a hint of Purple. It looks more dark purple in the bottle but it comes out very dark. I tend to use between 2-3 coats for an impact colour.
The other 3 colours are perfect for spring and I got a lot of wear out of Little Duck last year and I know I'll definitely be wearing it this coming spring too!
The nail paint is long lasting, dries quickly but as I do type a lot I find the tips do chip after a few days but I always just go over the tips when that happens.



I did also have to mention my favourite colour for the past 5 years.
I really am one to just love black nail varnish and have since I started going to boots and Superdrug with my own pocket money.
You just cannot beat a simple but fierce black nail varnish, I also love painting my toes Black too. Bit much?
I have always used Barry M's Nail Paint in the Colour Black, simple and elegant. 
My cat also agrees!





And finally, I have loved the ORLY varnish in the colour' Naughty'. This is quite similar to Tanya Burr's New York Night' but instead has a reddish tint to the off-black colour.
This nail varnish is quite a thin, translucent consistency so needs more than 1 coat and chips easily, but because I love the colour so much I just put an extra top coat over it to seal the colour and get a few more days wear out of it.
This is quite a christmassy colour so wouldn't really wear it any other time of the year but I had to mention it as I haven't spotted any colour quite like it in the shops!

What colours have you been loving?
Let me know!

Katie xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment