Pages

Sunday 5 April 2015

Mini Lush Haul




I thought to myself the other day how low I was running on Lush products. I immediately jumped up, got in the car and drove to my nearest shop to stock up my basket (a place I keep all my Lush stuff). And because I LOVE it so much I thought I would update you on what I purchased...

I have been obsessed with Lush for a while now and despite  the number of times my mum tuts at me when I walk through the door with another bag full I always go back for more.
I think once you have a bath using one of their products it'll never feel good without one. It feels strange just thinking of using bubble bath and I can't bare to imagine the day where I cannot afford the luxury of having a pink bath!

So I ended up with just a few of the basics which include the following (I have linked each mentioned product to the webpage where you can see them and purchase them);

Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds. This is my ultimate favourite, out of everything they sell in Lush this, to me, is the best product. It is one of their bubble bars and costs £4.75 and easily does 4 baths. It is Patchouli and Frankincense scented and not to everyone's taste, smell, whatever but I love using this to really chill out and calm myself as it is brilliant for Aromatherapy.  It also makes so many bubbles!

I also got a Fluffy Egg, this is a bath bomb which is part of the Easter Collection. I mainly went for it because obviously it was pink but the smell is also very similar to the Snow Fairy products they bring out at Christmas. It is so sickly sweet like candy-floss but leaves you smelly gorgeous for the rest of the day/night.

Another bath bomb I got was the simple, classic Butterball. This bath bomb is nothing really special, doesn't make your bath go any exciting colour but it smells of vanillery, buttery goodness and does wonders for your skin. When my skin is having a particularly dry or sensitive day I like to pop this in the bath and just have a nice, good soak. It contains cocoa  butter pieces that melt in the water and cling to your skin and really moisturise those scaly legs!

I also had to get myself a Dragon's Egg bath bomb while I was at it as this is the best smell out of them all. Its like lemon sherbet which fizzes and pops when you put it in the bath. This one also contains glitter so I love using it before a night out so my skin is all shimmery and the smell lingers all night.

The last bath bomb I picked up was Granny Takes a Dip. This funky coloured bath bomb leaves a kaleidoscope of colours in your bath and contains ginger, pepper and lemon scents. At only £3.35  this product is really big and can be easily used multiple times but to be honest I like to chuck the whole thing in at once for the colour show!

Mmmelting Marshmallow Moment, was the next in my basket. It does exactly what its named after. It smells like marshmallows and is a bath melt. It's so creamy and frothy it floats in your bath much like marshmallows float in your hot chocolate. Yum. I needn't say more!





I then decided to try another of their face masks. The Lush face masks are all organic and 100% natural and really a good tip is if you bring in 5 empty pots back in to the shop you get a free face mask! 
The great thing about them is they all don't just do the same things, some are for dry skin some tackle oily skin, you choose what works best for you.
I have previously tried, Oatifix, Cupcake and Cosmetic Warrior before and although they're all brilliant I decided to go for Catastrophe Cosmetic this time, as I have suffered from a lot of breakouts recently and the very kind lady in the shop recommended it. It smells so delicious, like blueberry smoothie and is very calming and soothing on the skin. They tell you keep them in the fridge but I always take it out an hour before hand because I don't like to put really cold things on my face.
When you first purchase one of the masks though, I do recommend tipping out the watery excess you get at the top to save you from spilling it everywhere, much like I did.




The last thing I got was Honey I Washed the Kids Soap. This Soap is so scrumptious and I'm never relly one for using bar-ed soap but when I bought this before back in the Boxing day sales, I had to repurchase when I ran out a few weeks back.
I like to use this soap with an exfoliating glove and basically just rub it on there wet until it lathers up then give my whole skin a good rub down. It smells just like honey and really softens your skin, just don't go too rough with the glove.






So that's all I purchased, though I will probably be back in Lush shortly for another few things! And a big thank you to the lovely ladies who work there that recognise me now every time I walk in the shop, you're so helpful and kind!




Please leave a comment on what you'd recommend trying from Lush I would love to hear from you!

Happy Easter!!

Katie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment