Pages

Friday 8 May 2015

My Bath Essentials

I do love a good bath. It's amazing to come in at the end of the day from work, run the hot water and throw in a bath bomb and just let the stress float away. Add a glass of wine to the equation and I don't think there is anything better. As I am quite an anxious person, these stress relieving baths before a night out or in the morning really do me a world of good and put me in the best of moods.
Below are some of my bath essentials I use, these do change from time to time but I have been using these products a lot in the last few months.



First off, I always light a candle in the bath just for the ambience and to get the spa-like feel. I got this one in Primark recently, its coconut and vanilla scented which reminds me of the smells of holiday. If it's night time I'll light a few small ones and place them around the bathroom and turn the light off to properly relax and unwind.

I love the use the Radox Sleep Easy if I'm having a bath before bed time. It helps to unwind and the Chamomile and Jasmine scent is really soothing. I tend not to pick up a bottle of bubble bath and usually opt for a Lush bubble bar, but this bottle was for just £1 in Tesco and thought it would be nice to have one on the side for the evening. It's also not drying on the skin which I find with some bottled bubble baths.


I also love using Soap & Glory's Flake Away for a good scrub once my skin has had a good soak. Exfoliating is always important but I only use it twice a week to get rid of dead skin cells. This one just smells amazing and many beauty bloggers RAVE about this product and its number 1 in their best sellers!


I always use a hair conditioning mask in the bath too as they are difficult to use in the shower as I leave them on for about 15 minutes. I always change what hair mask I use when they run out so this time I opted for the John Frieda Frizz Ease. I have a lot of the hair products from the Frizz Ease range as I suffer terribly from frizzy hair and it is nice to use products all from the same range with the same scent. This product does overuse packing as the container is quite chunky and the pot inside that holds the product is definitely smaller than the outside product. But all in all this product does work!


I am still using my Lush Hot Toddy shower gel, I bought 2 of these in the Boxing Day sales and as its getting to summer now the scent is quite inappropriate as it is very festive but it reminds me of Christmas and I just love the cinnamon, glittery bubbles it makes. However, I do want to repurchase Happy Hippy for a fresher summer scent.



Last but not least is my Lush Ro's Argan Body Conditioner. We use conditioner on our hair to make it silky and soft so why don't we do that on our bodies as well? That's exactly why Lush made this product. It's ingredients include cocoa butter, cupuacu butter, almond oil and argan oils all of which are known for their nourishing properties and is lightly rose scented. I like to use it for shaving as its a good replacement for gel or foam products.





I then love to stick my Ipad on the side with Netflix loaded (with the towel in case of any accidental splashes). I have just finished binge watching Orange is the New Black which I thought was hilarious and I'm now onto Suits. I'm usually not keen on programmes about lawyers or crime but I really liked Suits from the Pilot and so I have a new series to binge watch, yay!


My top tip is to make sure you grab a beverage for your bath, it could be a glass of Cabernet sauvignon or a cup of tea and just sink into the bubbles and relax!




What are your bath essentials?


Happy Bathing!

Katie
x

No comments:

Post a Comment