Pages

Tuesday 19 May 2015

Summer Glow Makeup Look

For ages I have been wanting to a makeup tutorial type post because I love doing makeup so much but I rarely get the chance to do other people's. So when me and my sister had a BBQ to go to this weekend we took advantage of the opportunity and the lovely summer weather to create a fresh summer glow. Here is how I created this look below.



I started off by applying Garniers illuminating light lotion to Cara's face. This moisturiser is brilliant to use when creating a 'glowing' look as it has built in light reflecting pearls. It is also fast absorbing so you can apply primer straight over the top. 
I used Benefit's The POREfessional to minimise pores and create a soft blendable base for Rimmel's Wake me Up Foundation in the shade 'Classic Beige' to go over. I used the real techniques face blender brush to apply the foundation and kept buffing it in circular motions to eliminate any streaks or patches and make the base look flawless. Then I used the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer to cover any dark spots or blemishes and a the collection concealer to brighten under the eyes. Along with the concealer I applied Benefit's High Beam by dotting it along the cheekbones, down the bridge of Cara's nose and on her cupid's bow, I blended this all in using a beauty blender. 
I then went onto contouring using Soleil Tan De Chanel which is a brilliant bronzing makeup base. I used a real techniques face blender brush for this too as it just has the right shape to get into the hollows of the cheeks. The easiest way to contour, I find, is sucking your cheeks in like a fish to pinpoint exactly where the dark shade needs to go. I also applied this base under the jawline and on the temples in the shape of the number 3.
I then set this all with Rimmel's  Stay Matte Powder using a large powder brush.

To add more colour and definition to her eyebrows I used Urban Decay's Naked Basics Palette eyeshadow in 'Faint'. Using an angled brush I gently applied this eyeshadow in strokes to create a more defined and arched look and also filled in gaps. I always like to use Brow This Way Styling Gel to keep them in place while maintaining thickness.

As Cara has quite small eyelids we thought it would be better to go for one block colour, I used Maybelline's Colour Tattoo in the shade 'Pink Gold' for a dewy and shimmery look without being too heavy on the eyes, I applied this with my ring finger and simply blended it using a MAC 217 brush.

To keep the eyes simple I applied a very thin layer of eyeliner along her top lash line using Revlon Colourstay Liquid Eye Pen and then applied Lancome's Grandoise mascara for long fluttery eyelashes. I have raved about this mascara in a previous post you can read here. It is honestly the best mascara I have ever used and people always comment on how long it makes your lashes look.

For the cheeks we went for Max Factor's Creme Puff Blush in the shade 'Seductive Pink' for a slight pink glow and using a Real Techniques Contouring Brush I applied some of NARS' Laguna Bronzer into the hollows of her cheeks for a more defined cheekbone. To add extra golden glow I finished off with Bobbi Brown's Shimmer Brick in Copper Diamond. This was part of the Christmas collection so you can't buy it any more. But this gave such a gorgeous, bright, summer glow to Cara's face.


We finished off the whole look with L'Oreal's Colour Riche Extraordinaire in 'Molto Mauve'. This is a pink/nude creamy lip gloss, I wouldn't say it is very Mauve but it does have some dark tone to it. The colour just suited the look and eyeshadow perfectly, it's very simple and I didn't want anything to be dramatic and to just really let the golden glow speak for itself.



Below are some pictures I took and some from the BBQ later during the day.






Katie 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment